Sunday 22 February 2015

Gluten-Free Chocolate Pancake and Crepes

Last night, my daughter Erin has already told me what she wanted to have for her snack box today. But I forget, did she say pancake or crepes? Since I bookmarked this gluten-free pancake from tabloid Saji for such a long time, I decided to try it. Hope that it was a pancake that she wanted.

This recipe uses glutinous flour and rice flour instead of wheat flour, that's what catches my eyes at the first time. Then, the red kidney beans as the filling made me more willing to try. Because I still had soy milk in the fridge, I then used soy milk instead of cow milk. And because I didn't have baking powder, I just omitted it. Then, because I am not a sweet tooth, I reduced the sugar amount into only 25 gr. 

How's the result? The sweetness, for me, was just fine. But if you like sweet things please feel free not to reduce it. The cocoa was so strong, tend to a bit bitter, but could cover the taste of the flours, the soy milk, and the red kidney beans completely. However, the texture was not fluffy. 

When Erin came down the kitchen, she asked me, 'what are you making mommy?'. 'Pancake', I replied. 'But, mommy, I said I wanted crepes', she said. 'Oh, really?' I replied. Oke then, I'll make another batch'... I added the soy milk into 200 ml to make the crepes batter and reduced the cocoa a little bit. This crepes was soft but turned crispier if we cook it a bit longer. The sweetness and chocolate taste was just fine. 

My children liked both the pancake and the crepes...And, sssst....they never know that the filling had red kidney bean inside. They thought it was just chocolate paste...




Gluten-free Chocolate Pancake
By Tabloid Saji

Ingredients:

For the pancake/crepes:
100 gr white glutinous flour
25 gr rice flour
25 gr cocoa powder
65 gr sugar (I only used 25 gr)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder (I didn't use it)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
75 ml milk (I used soy milk, 200 ml for the crepes)
1 tbs margarine, melted


For the fillings:
100 ml milk (I used soy milk)
100 gr red beans, cooked and mashed
1 tsp cocoa powder
50 gr sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbs chocolate sweet condensed milk


Methods:
  • For fillings: Combine milk, red beans, cocoa, salt and sugar. Cook until it thickens. Add in sweet condensed milk. Mix well. Transfer to a piping bag. Set aside.
  • For pancake/crepes: Combine well the flours, sugar, salt and cocoa. Pour in eggs and milk. Stirring to combine. Add in margarine. Mix until it forms a smooth batter.
  • Heat a lightly oiled pan. Scoop a ladle of the batter to the pan. Cook until browned on underside. For crepes, tilt the pan in circular motion to spread the batter evenly. Flip carefully. Cook until done. Continue with the rest of the batter. Take one pancake, pipe the filling. Sandwich with another pancake. Take one crepes, pipe the fillings, fold it or roll it. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.

Gluten-free Pancake Coklat
Sumber: Tabloid saji

Bahan:
100 gr tepung ketan
25 gr tepung beras
25 gr coklat bubuk
65 gr tepung gula (Saya hanya gunakan 25 gr)
1/2 sdt garam
1/2 sdt baking powder (saya skip)
2 butir telur dikocok lepas
75 ml susu cair (saya gunakan susu kedelai, untuk crepes saya gunakan 200 ml)
1 sdm margarine, lelehkan

Bahan isi:
100 ml susu cair (saya gunakan susu kedelai)
100 gr kacang merah segar, direbus, diblender halus
1 sdt coklat bubuk
50 gr gula pasir
1/4 sdt garam
2 sdm susu kental manis coklat

Cara Membuat:

  • Untuk isi: Campur semua bahan kecuali skm. Masak hingga kental. Tambahkan skm. Aduk rata. Sisihkan.
  • Untuk pancake/crepes: Campur tepung, gula, garam, bp (kalau pakai) dan coklat bubuk. Aduk rata. Tambahkan telur dan susu. Aduk rata. Masukkan margarine. Aduk rata.
  • Tuang satu sendok sayur adonan ke dalam pan dadar yang sudah dipanaskan. Untuk crepes, angkat dan goyang-goyang pan memutar agar adonan mengalir dan menutup seluruh bagian pan. Biarkan berkulit. Balik ke satu sisinya. Biarkan sampai matang. Ambil satu buah pancake. Semprotkan isi. Tutup dengan pancake lainnya. Sajikan dengan taburan gula halus. Untuk crepes, setelah permukaannya agak kering, semprotkan isi dan lipat menjadi 4 bagian atau gulung.

Catatan:

Pancake dan crepes diatas saya bikin dari dua adonan. Adonan yang pertama saya buat mini pancake. Gula saya kurangi jadi 25 gr, pas dengan selera saya. Yang suka manis, silahkan tidak mengurangi takaran. Coklat bubuk saya pakai merk van houten, 25 gr terasa terlalu pekat cenderung agak pahit, tapi berhasil menutup rasa tepung ketan, tepung beras dan susu kedelainya. Karena saya tidak menggunakan baking powder, texture pancake tidak bisa fluffy.

Adonan yang kedua, saya jadikan crepes dengan menambah susu kedelainya menjadi 200 ml dan mengurangi takaran coklat bubuknya sedikit (tidak saya timbang sih tapi yang jelas lebih sedikit dari takaran adonan yang pertama), jadi tidak begitu pahit. Silahkan menyesuaikan selera ya, suka yang nyoklat banget atau biasa saja. Kalau dipanggang sebentar crepes akan lembut tapi kalau agak lamaan dikit, texture crepes bisa kering dan renyah. Tapi jangan kelamaan juga dan pan jangan terlalu panas, ntar retak ketika dilipat...

Kata anak-anak sih pancake dan crepes nya sama-sama enak...isinya juga oke banget... mereka pikir itu hanya coklat saja tanpa kacang merah...he he...


Alhamdulillah...I got a thumb up!

I linked up this post to the little thumbs up event organised by Doreen from my little favourites DIY and Zoe from bake for happy kids, hosted by Grace from life can be simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment