Beside kolak pisang nangka, I also made this soft bread for tadarusan at the masjid.
Hope they like it...
50 gr bread flour
250 ml water
2 tsp instant yeast
50 ml water
400 gr bread flour
200 gr plain flour
100 gr sugar
20 gr milk powder
1 egg yolk
50 - 100 ml cod water
75 gr margarine
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg yolk + a little milk for egg wash
Saba bananas for filling
Chocolate rice and cheese for filling and topping
- Make the water roux: Combine flour and water in a pan. Heat it and keep stirring until it thicken. Remove from the heat and let to cool.
- Dissolve yeast in 50 ml warm water. Set aside.
- Combine flours, milk powder, sugar, water roux mixture and eggs with a wooden spoon.
- When the yeast is already frothy, pour it into the mixture.
- Pour the remaining cold water little by little (we may not use all the water, just as needed) and knead until all are well blended. We can use the mixer with the dough hook or just our hands.
- Add margarine and salt and knead again until the dough is elastic.
- Round each of the dough into big ball and put them in a greased big bowl. Cover with cling wrap or damp tea towel and let rise until double in size for about 60 minutes or so.
- Punch the dough. Knead again briefly.
- Cut the dough into 35 gr each, roll it into a ball shape. Flatten it and fill with chocolate rice or cheese. Roll it again into a ball shape. Place it on a greased baking pan.
- Cover and let rise again for another 60 minutes or so.
- Heat the oven. Brush the bread with milk. Sprinkle with chocolate rice or cheese. Bake until golden brown.