Thursday 21 June 2012

Pumpkin cookies

Actually pumpkin cookie is very famous out there. One of my friends once said that it is a fall favourite cookie. But it is not in Indonesia. I never heard about it. That's why I just want to give it a try when I saw the recipe in femina website. Again, just as the story before, I had to omit the spices and substituted them for vanilla and flaxseed meal. I know people will say that it will be pretty plain without spices but my children love it that way. This cookie is soft, more like a cake than a cookie actually. But it is nice and my children like it.


Ingredients
110 gr unsalted butter, cubed and chilled
160 gr pumpkin, steamed and mashed
1 tbs egg yolk, lightly beaten
25gr fresh ginger, peeled and grated (skipped)

Dry ingredients, sift together:
200 gr all purpose flour
2 tbs flaxseed, ground (optional)
50 gr milk powder
25 gr caster sugar
1/2 tbs chilli powder (skipped)
1 tsp vanilla (optional)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda


Methods
Preheat the oven 130C. Grease the baking sheets.
In a big bowl combine butter and dry ingredients. Mix using a pastry knife or fork until resembles breadcrumbs.
Add mashed pumpkin and ginger. Mix well. Add the egg yolk. Mix until the dough comes together.
Transfer the dough between 2 sheets of plastic. Roll it out.
Cut it using a cookie cutter you like. Transfer the cookies on the baking sheet. Brush with egg yolk.
Bake until golden brown.
Remove from the oven, transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container.

Source: femina

No comments:

Post a Comment