2 tbs margarine
2 Malang apples (150 gr), peeled and cubed
2 tbs sugar
25 gr cheddar cheese, grated
16 tbs (225 gr) unsalted butter, cubed, chilled in the freezer for at least 15 mins
2 cups (250 gr) all purpose flour
1/2 cup (50gr) almonds meal
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbs brown sugar (skipped)
( I added 1/s tsp of vanilla)
3 - 6 tbs very cold water
For complete instruction with food processor please see simply recipes. As I didn't read the recipe carefully (I am really sorry for that) to chill the butter in the freezer, then I could only use fork. Here is what I did:
- In a small pan, heat the margarine. Add apples and sugar. Stir and cook until the apples wilted. Remove from the heat. Stir in the grated cheese.
- Combine margarine, flour, almonds meal, and salt until resembles coarse meal. Add water 1 tbs each time until it begins to hold together. Knead briefly so that the dough comes together. Carefully shape the dough into a disc. Wrap it with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for about 5 - 10 minutes. Take a little portion of the dough. Put it between 2 plastic sheets. Roll out with a rolling pin. Cut out circles with a cup for the big pie and with a big pie dish for the small pie.
- Gently press a circle to a greased pie dish. Prick the bottom with a fork. Bake in the preheated oven 170 C for about 10 minutes.
- Spoon the fillings into the pie. Decorate the pie anyway you like, top with the dough, lattice, or just leave as it is. Make slits on the top. Brush the top with egg yolk. Bake again for about 35 minutes or until the crust are golden brown and the apples are bubbling.
This pie is my entry for masakbarengyuuk
Source: simplyrecipes and sajiansedap