Wednesday 12 October 2011

Bluberry and coconut muffins


The original recipe uses raspberry, but I only have blueberry in the fridge...ok then, I replace raspberry with blueberry, hope this recipe works just as well with blueberry added instead of the raspberry...Have bought blueberry muffins at store some times ago, but the kids don't like it. That's way I didn't fold the blueberry in the batter but only sprinkle 3 or 4 of them on top of it...to my surprise, they just love it, and ask for some more...Rachel, my daughter suggested me: 'next time you should press the blueberry a bit further mama... so that they get down to the bottom not only on top...' oke, more blueberry next time...


1 1/2 cup self raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup equal baking (I use 1/2 cup caster sugar)
1/4 cup shredded coconut
2 eggs
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup canola oil
1 cup rasberry
icing sugar to dust


method:
Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Add sugar and coconut. In a small jug whisk together eggs, milk, and oil. Stir into flour mixture until just combined. Fold in the berries. Divide mixture evenly into lined muffin tray. Bake 180C for 25 - 30 mins until golden and muffins spring back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 mins. Dust with icing sugar to serve.




source: equal advertorial promotion at coles christmas magazine 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment